How to clean your Jewelry
We all love wearing jewelry, but when it comes to jewelry care it's always a sensitive issue. There are some easy steps to follow on a daily basis, and other which can be considered more occasional treatments.
Protect & Prevent
Taking care of your jewels will help them live long always in perfect conditions.
As a general rule for all kind of jewelry we recommend:
- Avoid contact with perfumes and lotions. Make sure your skin is dry before wearing your jewelry, so apply any perfume or body cream in advance.
- Remove your jewelry before going to bed or doing exercize. Apart from the obvious snagging threat from bedding, hair or even your partner, in case of rings if you tend to lie on your hands, the pressure of your weight can cause the band to become mis-shapen.
- Store them in their original box, jewelry boxes have a soft interior, perfect for preserving a jewel from scratches and accidental bumps. You can otherwise store them in a soft cloth bag or jewelry case.
- Avoid leaving them in direct sunlight for long periods.
- Always be gentle while handling them, wear and treat your jewelry with extra care to avoid scratches or damages.
How to clean Stainless Steel Jewelry
- With a wet soft cloth.
In most cases a soft cloth (wet if possible) gently passed over the jewel will be enough to give brightness back to the jewel.
- With water and soap.
Get two bowls full of hot water of suitable size to contain the jewelry: in one of these add a few drops of neutral dish soap, then moisten the corner of a microfiber cloth and rub the jewel, following the texture of the metal. If your jewelry is very dirty, gently use a toothbrush with soft bristles, or a toothpick in the most difficult to reach places. After this, rinse the jewel in the second bowl, removing any soap residue. Then dry it carefully with a cloth.